Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Interface / Latency List

Post your interface and the hardware latency it reports. Lets build a list to see.

Comments

• Lexicon Alpha - 10.3ms
  • M-Audio Delta 44 - 4ms
  • My interfaces
    Tascam US-600 14.4 ms (stabe), Line 6 GuitarPort 14.65ms (stable)

Interfaces I have tested with Jamkazam
    Behringer UCA222 7.85ms (problematic on certain systems)
    Behringer UM2 6.8?ms (similar issues as the UCA222)
  • ZOOM R16
    Windows - 10.8ms (does not report latency on Windows during test, requiring you to run the loopback test by putting a mic up to headphones).

Samson Meteor Mic
    * Win 7 - 19ms latency @ 10ms frame size, 6ms input buffer, 5ms output buffer - (can go lower, but haven't tried)
    * Mac OSX, 9ms latency

Mac Built-In
    Mavericks 10.9.5, 2013 Macbook Pro Late 2013 - 18ms if headphones are connected, 28ms if not.

Behringer UCG102
    * Windows 7/8 - 7ms latency if you turn ASIO Settings down to lowest.
    * Mac OSX: 9ms latency

Behringer Firepower FCA610
    * Windows 8 - 4ms latency with Firewire and all ASIO Settings down to lowest.
    * Windows 8 - couldn't get to work with USB cord. Windows doesn't see it, so I'm assuming it's my device that's the problem.
    * Mac OSX 10.9.5 - 13ms with USB. I had some serious I/O stability issues initially, but after trying a bunch of things that probably didn't matter, it went away.

Tascam US-1800
    * Windows 8 - 15ms latency with ASIO driver on lowest settings
    * Mac OSX 10.9.5 - 18ms using the 'Bit-Accurate' input/output. The CoreAudio input/output has 26ms. Note that when I 1st selected Bit-Accurate from the dropdown, it was 24ms... I bounced back and forth between CoreAudio and Bit-Accurate and then it dropped to 18ms.
  • M-Audio M-Track - 10 ms (Windows 8.1)
  • Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 - 4ms
  • M-Audio 1010LT pci card - 4 ms
  • edited October 2014
    Trying to get a Zoom H2 to work, it's showing up but keeps failing, is there something that I'm doing wrong? Settings, etc.?

Got it.....19 ms
  • M-Audio Delta 44 - 4.15 ms
  • edited November 2014
    Edirol M-16DX USB digital mixer - 4.5ms
    Windows 8.1 with Quad core processor
  • iMac w/Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 Latency 9.3 ms, i/o Rate-401, Var-0.18 w/ same output
    15.76 w/ Rate 401 and Var-0.37 when using the Built-in Output
  • Presonus AudioBox USB
    64ms......44.1 sample rate
  • edited November 2014
    Win7, i7, 3.4 GHz, 16 MB RAM
    PreSonus AudioBox 44VSL
    Sample rate: 48 KHz
    Buffer size: 128
    Latency: 9.5 mS

When I set the AudioBox to a buffer size of 64, the Latency dropped to 4.5 mS, but I started having audio quality problems (clicks/pops/dropouts), so I raised the buffer size back up to 128.
    Intel i7 3.4GHz Win10 64-bit, 16 GB RAM, 2 TB HD Tascam US-16x08
    SONAR Platinum FORTE 7 Premium Reaper 5 Bitwig 8-Track
    Nektar Panorama P6 M-Audio BX8 D2 Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro
    NI K9U XLN AK, AD2 AAS VS-2, GS-2, VA-2, EP-4, Chromaphone
  • Isn't the latency shown by the software, dependent on the computer it's connected to, as well as the interface (software and hardware) being used?
  • It's true that latency depends on everything to some degree, but in general we've found that the interface and the operating system are the things that really matter. You don't get lower latency by having a more powerful CPU, more RAM, etc. on your computer. The same interface on a Windows PC with a cheap dual core processor will have the same latency on a high-end Windows eight-core processor. There are definitely big differences though using the same interface with a Windows computer vs. a Mac computer.
  • edited November 2014
    Alesis io2 w/ ASIO4all drivers .. 10-19msec
  • edited November 2014
    AVID M box mini 9.83ms
  • @David Wilson (JamKazam Staff)

Can you share the various interfaces that have scored really well on your tests? What interface and operating system scores highest?

Thanks!
  • edited December 2014
    Tascam DM4800 Firewire 55ms It took several attempt without crashing. Jamkazam sees all 32 channels but I only have 2 checked so far. I checked all 32 ch inputs and it made it through the test still at 55ms with tascam buffer at 64 (normal perf mode) I got the 12 ch MAX message
  • edited December 2014

• So far in my experience, a crash when going through the gear setup test means a problem in the driver. But I wouldn't rule out our code. If you want me to investigate more, could you open up %APPDATA%\JamKazam\dumps by pasting that into Windows explorer, and send any files that end in .dmp to support@jamkazam.com.

I also double-checked; your device is getting a 5.5ms score (not 55ms). That's pretty decent.
  • edited December 2014
  • Yes that's true... we have a maximum of 12 channels right now in the gear wizard... were you hoping to use more?
  • I'm kind of disappointed. I was really excited about this service. The owner contacted me personally to make sure I wasn't having any major technical issues and offered to set up time to get me set up. I thought it was the best customer minded service I had ever seen.
    Prior to this I went out and bought a Focusrite 2i2, specifically to use with this service. Back then it said that Focusrite was a viable interface and the owner I spoke to via email knew what interface I had. I chose to buy the Forcusrite because it was on the list and I happen to like their pre-amp for VO recording. Now like 3 months later the interface list was updated and I'm told it's not a viable anymore. Why didn't the president/owner mention that there were issues with it or that it was questionable at the time? I would have returned it and gotten a viable interface.
    Not sure I want to spend another 40 bucks for a Behringer UM2, when I would only use it for this service. Kind of sucks.
  • John I just changed my interface for a Focusrite 6i6...works like a dream and gives me more mix options than the Edirol M-16 DX I was using before.
  • I'm looking to get started with JamKazam with a USB equipped mixer. The Behringer Q502USB. I'll be running it on an HP Elitebook with Intel Core i5. Any comments, suggestions? Happy to post latency test scores once I get it all from Amazon.
  • Oliver,

The Behringer Q502USB may not work with JamKazam. It does not have a native ASIO driver (ASIO4ALL is listed in their drivers section, which is not a valid alternative for JamKazam--it does not work well with JK).

I say 'may not' because it's still possible the Behringer Q502USB shows up as a 'WDM' device, and JamKazam can support that sort of device. But I've searched before, and I've never found indication if the Behringer Q502USB does or does not support WDM.

So, bottom line is this--it may not work with JamKazam. I think it won't, but I can't tell from their product page.
  • edited December 2014
    I'm trying to get hooked up but my numbers are not good enough. I have a Behringer UMC202 that's feeding a PreSonus HP4 headphone amp. Should I go Line Out on the UMC202 to the LINE In on the HP4 or use the Headphone jack on the UMC202? I'm deaf in one ear so the headphone amp allows me to put both channels in one ear. The stats are: Latency = 19ms, I/O rate = 360 and the VAR = 1.37. What am I doing wrong? The UMC202 is connected through a USB cable to the computer. It's a DELL T3500 workstation so it's plenty powerful. It sounds great here. Help!
    JamKazam.JPG
    813 x 515 - 77K
    Jonathan Bluemel
  • Hi Jonathan,

Let's verify the easiest thing first... have you downloaded the latest drivers for your UMC202 from their website?

First go here, and then click 'Downloads'. http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/UMC202.aspx

At the very bottom of the page, there are actually two things you can try:

1) Update to the Windows Driver 2.23.0 . This will update software on your computer.
    2) Then try to update to the latest 'Firmware v1.12'. This will update the software on your Behringer.

I'd try #1 (update your drive) first if you have not done so, and try the test then. If it still fails, I'd then try to update your firmware.

Seth
  • Okay, I did both of those things and now my computer won't even see the preamp. I restarted it but no luck.
    Jonathan Bluemel