Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Recommended interfaces

I was looking on the website and it says that the Behringer UMC202 is a good interface for Jamkazam.

I was thinking, I would like to purchase the 4 channel version – the UMC404. I’m guessing/hoping that this will still work to the same standard, but wanted to check first.

Does anyone have any knowledge/Experience of this?

Thanks
Matt

Comments

• I was looking at the Behringers a few weeks ago but couldn't find any that had any and would have had to wait a month for the next shipment to arrive from overseas. So ended up getting the PreSonus audio Box 22 VSL and love it. Latency rating when I set it up was under 5 ms. They also have a 4 channel version.
  • Thanks, funny I saw one and wasn't paying attention and then realized it's not in country yet lol.

Should have waited for your response, thanks though.

Matt
  • I am using a Native Instruments Audio 6 and works real well on my My Windows 7 (64bit) Pc. I am using the Asio driver.
  • Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 working for me!
  • Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 works well but I would prefer lower latency then the 14.17ms JamKazam reports.
    Is the Behringer UM2 still the recommended inexpensive audio interface? I would prefer the JamBlaster but I need a second and highly portable setup to take out on vacation very soon.
  • I am using the PRESONUS 22VSL with Great Results. Presonus is also Based in Louisiana...I like that idea also.
    I am Only a Beginner

Gear:
    Epiphone 56' Les Paul Pro
    Fender FSR HSS Strat
    Randy Jackson Strat
    Fender Mustang IV Modeling Amplifier
    Course Progress:
    Gibson Learn & Master Guitar: Session 5 of 20
  • Focusrite Scarlett Solo here and it seems to work well so far.
  • Jamblaster not available yet,IM using mtrack,and having noise issues on the other end from austin,to portland.Advice?
  • Im using Alesis dm10 drums
  • I'm using the Line 6 UX1 on a Macbook Pro and I have no problems. My latency is 14.6 but I hear everyone fine, some better than others.
  • Behringer UMC202 with Behringer driver on Win7/64bit works fine here.
  • edited May 2015
    Just started with external sound in and out on Yosemite MacBook Air with WiFi (Time Capsule AC on FIOS) and Yamaha AG03 with Kurzweil K1200.
    Waiting for Latency Experiments to confirm configuration is usable.
    I used Audacity for recording locally. Starting to learn Ardour. Also is more Midi and Garage Band in my learning curve. Hopefully building ubuntu Studio system next !
    Gear: MacBook Air WiFi AC Time Capsule, FIOS
    Music rig: Kurweil K1200, K1000 PX, Shure SM48, Crate PX900 PA
    Interface: Yamaha AG03, M-Audio UNO Midi
    Skill Level: Teen in the 60's style jamming with 80's equipment on Millennium DAW
  • Hey Lee - Definitely grab a Thunderbolt-to-Ethernet adapter for your MacBook Air. The WiFi connection will kill your latency and audio quality in sessions due to packet rate issues.
  • That's on my to do list after I rewire for near by GB hub.
    One step at a time.
    Just got into connecting music again this month after decade of slow cpu's and low income.
    Last year was lease of the CPU and Time Capsule as well as i7 Mini.
    Mini may become the preferred JamKazam host but need to relocate all the music gear.
    I could buy out for $1 each and then enjoy another sprint to keep up to date before next demise. 20 years of Music and 3 years of computers before Internet Jamming made it even more interesting (and difficult to keep up).
    Skill Level: Teen in the 60's style jamming with 80's equipment on Millennium DAW
  • edited May 2015
    For those who like knobs to control their devices but want to record to a computer I recommend the Yamaha AG03. Finally got working and made a simple sample recording using just the box to control 3 inputs. Two from Kurzweil K1200 Pro playing it's demo and me as third input using Shure SM48 into the slider adjusted input.
    There is no need to access the computer levels as everything is done with the controls on the USB powered mixer.
    The MONITOR and HEADPHONE outputs have separate levels as well as the MUSIC and COMPUTER.
    Next step is to try LATENCY with a WiFi and distant Jammers.
    Shure Mike will be part of the recording as the AG03 is for podcasting as well as music.
    Maybe make some interesting live music podcast blog entries ?
    JamKazam as a live radio station recording studio !
    Attached is the photo just now.
    IMG_2327 smaller.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 558K
  • Lee.. what kind of latency do you see with the Yamaha AG03 ?