Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Happy Presonus users out there? Unhappy? We would like to hear from you.

I was going through the forum today, and noticed what appeared to be a direct correlation between Presonus gear & happy JamKazam users.

If Presonus gear works for you + JamKazam user, could you tell us your model and operating system? We'd like to hear from you if the gear is not working too. We need to see the whole picture!

Ultimately, we need more gear recommendations than our current list, and Presonus seems to be a candidate.

Regards,
Seth

Comments

• I have an AudioBox 44VSL. It worked fairly well, with the occasional glitch under Win7. I was never able to get the driver to work under Win10 on my stock Dell XPS8500. I had to relegate it to use with my Nexus 10 tablet as a class-compliant device.

The latest AB VSL drivers state Win10 compatibility, but they're the same problematic drivers that haven't been updated for 2 years, other than to add the "Win10 compatibility" text. Bah.

I switched to a Tascam US-16x08. It's been so solid, that I've disabled my internal sound card, and use it exclusively.

I haven't been active on JK with it (I've been otherwise occupied), but would be happy to test it if/when you start looking at the new Tascam series (US-2x2, US-4x4, US-16x08 and US-20x20 (USB 3)).

PreSonus seemed to have abandoned the AudioBox interfaces from an update perspective.

I suspect, however, that the new Studio 192 might be supported for longer (that is, after they've released a newer product) due to its direct support in the Studio One v3 DAW.

Happy? Unhappy? Well, I got myself banned on the PreSonus forum, so what does that tell you?
    Intel i7 3.4GHz Win10 64-bit, 16 GB RAM, 2 TB HD Tascam US-16x08
    SONAR Platinum FORTE 7 Premium Reaper 5 Bitwig 8-Track
    Nektar Panorama P6 M-Audio BX8 D2 Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro
    NI K9U XLN AK, AD2 AAS VS-2, GS-2, VA-2, EP-4, Chromaphone
  • I have a PreSonus AudioBox iOne running on Windows 10. It did give me me some trouble when setting up together with a VST but now seems to be working fine. I haven't played that much but so far the overall experience is good.

If I were to nitpick a bit I've noticed that I spend most of the time in the green but regularly drop into yellow for input and output jitter. I'm not an expert on the matter but there is a noticeable increase in CPU utilization from 0.1% to 5% when decreasing the ASIO Buffer Size from 128 to 64. Further investigation (Latencymon) shows that the PreSonus AudioBox iOne is causing the highest values for "ISR count", "DPC count", "Highest execution" and "Total execution" on my system. So possibly there is something PreSonus could do to improve their driver for realtime applications like JamKazam. I'm on driver version 2.21.0.5653, application version 1.3.5653 and firmware version 1.25.
  • I have Presonus 1818VSL coupled with a presonus Eureka preamp.
    After some taking some time to get everything synced with setting (bitrate, buffer....etc) I have zero problems with latency running about 3.10 MS.

running WIN7 with INTEL quad core.

SO far so good and I keep my fingers crossed!!!
  • Presonus 16.4.2 AI connect to PC by Firewire and records with Studio One v2 64 bit. Has the latest firmware and connect WiFi to my IPAD that I can control from my drum room.

Presonus mixer has Stereo track out left and right to another 8 channel mixer with Keys, Guitar and MK2 , this 8 channel mixer has 2 track stereo outs going to a Behringer UCA202 USB connected to PC

Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit OS that will never be update to Win10
  • 2 daisy-chained old firepods on windows 10. latency is great.
  • I use a Presonus AudioBox 22VSL with No Problem
    Latency 3.02 Great!
    AT&T High Speed Internet 22Mb Down/1.5 - 1.9Mb Up
    Home-Built PC
    Win 7
    8GB Ram
    1TB HDD
    6 Core AMD CPU w/AMD Graphics Adapter
    RealTek Gigabit Ethernet (Hard-Wired) Adapter
    I am Only a Beginner

Gear:
    Epiphone 56' Les Paul Pro
    Fender FSR HSS Strat
    Randy Jackson Strat
    Fender Mustang IV Modeling Amplifier
    Course Progress:
    Gibson Learn & Master Guitar: Session 5 of 20
  • I am considering the preSonus PreSonus - AudioBox iTwo Recording System for Jam Kazam...Has there been any issues of note?
  • Just brought a Presonus 22VSL. After getting the ASIO drivers installed I'm getting good latency levels. The only adjustment I made was the buffer size. At 64k it tests at 4 milliseconds latency, and at 128k it tests at 8.3 Milliseconds latency. I'm new to JamKazam, I've yet to do a live jam session with other musicians. Other: Windows 7, 3GB RAM, Intel i3 dual core processor Dell laptop, FIOS Internet 15Mbps down.