Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

APPCRASH .... It worked I uninstalled and removed everything, reinstalled and now I get nothing ...

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: JamKazam.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 58dbe016
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.23714
Fault Module Timestamp: 58bf87bb
Exception Code: e06d7363
Exception Offset: 0000c54f
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 7802
Additional Information 2: 7802a508550baf71b106f5e7eb3b875d
Additional Information 3: 3e72
Additional Information 4: 3e72de25d6c2d9cdb6c465308e3bced7

Comments

• Running Windows 7
  • Mountain, the application needs to connect to the internet and should be requesting you 'update'. Are you not getting prompted to update after you launch the software? can you turn off virus protection and try again?
  • Mark~
    I have not seen an option to update the software, for what I assume is the Jamkazam App. I will look for an update section on the site although I did use the download for windows provided by the app itself. Interesting now I see it is Version 1.0.0.0 .... I will look for an update and get back to you, and try with my antivirus disabled.
  • Mark~
    I tried again, using the 1.0.338 download and am still receiving this message ...

Additional Information 1: 08c6
    Additional Information 2: 08c6b7ea25f1425051e5ef942e74388b
    Additional Information 3: 7173
    Additional Information 4: 7173894b76e7978b3135f482106269da

And no sir I am not being prompted to update, as soon as I try to launch it theres a small pause and this error pops up.

• Please take a screen shot of the error and post it
  • Here is a screenshot attached.... its the same info as before. Yes I also tried disabling my antivirus.
    I also got a one time error saying installation incomplete, but have only got thst error once and I forgot how I got it.

Additional Information 1: 08c6
    Additional Information 2: 08c6b7ea25f1425051e5ef942e74388b
    Additional Information 3: 7173
    Additional Information 4: 7173894b76e7978b3135f482106269da
    Error report.png
    1920 x 1080 - 39K
  • I've tried running it as an administrator, I have painstakingly deleted every file associated with Jamkazam, rebooted, downloaded again. The thing that frustrates me is it worked, I updated a DAW driver and then it hasnt worked since. I removed the driver and associated programs and reloaded the orginal driver which had previously worked and also went throught the deletion redownloading process of Jamkazam, rebooting everytime......
    Now my DAW works great but the app crashes immidiately
  • What audio device and driver do you have?
    What operating system are you on? (be specific)

NOTE There is no such thing as a DAW driver.
  • edited April 2017
    Digidesign MBOX2 mini~ the same audio device and driver that worked before I updated the driver. Windows 7 home premium. 64 bit
  • tried everything under the sun, looked through past articles and y'all haven't found a fix for this problem for 2 years now, I guess we are going to try another program. What a shame.
  • ok, can you go back to the previous driver? Also, sorry to say but the mbox 2 is old and would not be optimal for Jamkazam. Not that its the cause but is suspect. Maybe time to update and get a new device. Sorry to say the Mbox 2 12 years old now. We have not qualified anything the exceeded even 4 years.

2005 – Mbox 2, Pro Tools
  • Right, I did go back to the original driver, which as indicated previously worked. It works on SoundJack so I am sure that isn't the issue. I found another thread fro March 2015 with someone experiencing the exact same issue, Seth tried for awhile to remedy it and came to the conclusion that some computers just wouldnt accept the app. My only issue is that oit worked until I updated the driver, then deleted everything Jamkazam on my PC then redownloaded it, never to work again. Frustrating. The error message indicates its a Kernel issue likely having something to do with registry, but beyond CCleaner, dealing with the registry is beyond my scope of ability.
  • Also my band mate Mike is using the same DAW and not having any issues.
  • Well, sure you thought about this but you could use system restore to go back to when it was working?
    Also, are you sure you removed the .ini files in the app data folder? (users/yourname/appdata/jamkazam .ini files, then relaunch?) Also I get that your frustrated...oh also make sure your device is NOT set to the system record and playback. If it is, most likely will be a problem, just set to what ever built in device you have.
  • I will check the .ini files as I wasnt sure if they were a part of the files beings deleted along with the app deletion.
    Im getting the same error message for all your competitors so its got to be something going on with windows
    Unfortunately I cant system restore because of so many driver uninstall re installs and apps as well, that window of opportunity has sadly closed, Thanks for the thought or sure though.
  • TRIBULATION! I finally found a video that explained a completely different driver that now has me back into Jamkazam, needless to say I am stoked.
    With that said I am looking for advice on how to get my interface to read and write audio faster.
  • Digidesign MBOX2 mini~ the same audio device and driver that worked before I updated the driver. Windows 7 home premium. 64 bit

Lily Oliver | happy wheels
  • Hello Lily. Its doubtful that the Mbox2 (2011) will be useful in Jamkazam case. The driver support for low latency is weak.
    Also we have noticed users attempting older audio devices are also likely using older computers which are also not usually up to the of low latency. CPU should be a min of i3 (dou core is going to struggle)

These audio devices will be great for jamkazam and are very low cost

http://www.music-group.com/Categories/Behringer/Computer-Audio/Audio-Interfaces/UMC202HD/p/P0BJZ

http://www.music-group.com/Categories/Behringer/Computer-Audio/Audio-Interfaces/UMC404HD/p/P0BK1